Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Recipe:
1/2 Cauliflower "riced"
1 cup shredded cheese
1 egg
Spices of choice
Toppings of choice
Pizza sauce
Cooking spray

The first thing you want to do, is grate the cauliflower. To do so, I used a standard cheese grater. You can also use a food processor.
For this recipe I'm doubling it up. I'm using a whole cauliflower, instead of half. This will make two nine inch pizzas, instead of one.
 
Once the cauliflower is grated, place it in the microwave for 8 minutes. The moisture from the cauliflower will allow it to soften. There is no need to add water, or other liquid.

Add all ingredients and mix well. The texture will look and feel somewhat like an actual dough. For spices I used garlic powder, onion powder and chili spice. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Grease a pizza pan, and evenly devide the "dough". If you wish, you can add extra spices on top of the pizza. Basil and oregano are great choices! Put the dough into the oven to bind all the ingredients together. Allow to cook for 12-15 minutes.
while the dough is cooking, you can prepare your toppings. For this pizza I used chicken, red onions, green peppers and marbled cheese.

The pizza should come out of the oven looking similar to this, It should have a golden brown shade.

Place all toppings onto the pizza as you wish, then bake until all the cheese is melted. You can also broil the pizza if you prefer crispy pizza
 And, here is the final product! It's absolutely delicious, and even my 4 year old LOVES it!


The pizza cuts great too! :) I hope you all enjoy! It's a favorite in our home!

8 comments:

  1. We made this last night... I've made it 4 times since finding it on pinterest... No need to eat regular pizza dough again this stuff is delicious- I did a BBQ chicken pizza and added a little BBq sauce in the 'dough' YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just reading your comment now :) Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting, yay! -- BBQ chicken sounds absolutely amaaazing! I'm going to have to try it out!!! ♥

      Delete
    2. I made this and it was good!!! Next time I will share it with my Mom!!!!

      Delete
  2. So... Does it really taste like pizza dough? I've been wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think it's better than pizza dough :) But, I know you can be picky haha! It doesn't make me feel bloated, like typical dough does. You should try it out, and let me know what you think!! :)

      Delete
  3. What do you recommend as an alternative to Eggs? I am a vegetarian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Any vegetarian egg replacement would work great! I have a friend who uses Bob's Red Mill's egg replacement. I apologize for the late response. I was having internet issues. I'm happy to be back! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I will give it a try. Basically, I need something that acts as a binding agent and is natural preferably non-carby.. But this is good.
      Thanks,I will let you know how it was

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...