Friday, April 13, 2012

Winnie The Pooh First Birthday Party!

Since I'm new to the blogging world, and really want to share my ideas with others. My next few blogs are going to be dedicated to birthday parties I've hosted. I love getting crafty, and I would love it even more if I was able to help/inspire others.
This party was for me sons 1st birthday. We rented out a hall very close to home for a low cost. We wanted to have a large guest list, so we made sure the venue was spacious. It was a great day, and we all felt truly blessed to have so many of our loved ones show up.
I decided to make my own little tradition. Each year on my sons birthday, I take a picture just of him. I make sure he wears a special birthday shirt, or a pin. In this case, it's a personalized t-shirt I purchased online. The next year, I decided to create my own. It was very simple and cost effective to make!

Since the party involved tons of adults, and only a few children. I made sure to have games that everyone could participate in. The game I put together was called "Guess My Month". I create this by selecting pictures of my son each month of his life. Then people would guess my sons age and write down their answers on a piece of paper. I made sure to have prizes for the people who guessed the most correctly. I had other games such as word scrambles and guess how many Pooh Bears are in the jar. Also on this table is a small brown box. It was one of my favorite ideas from the whole party. It's the beginning of a baby time capsule! I asked each guest to write a special something to my son. Even if it was a simple "happy 1st birthday", or  "I love you". After everyone was finished writing to Tyson, I placed all the letters in the box. Throughout the years I'm going to add different items to his time capsule. I plan to let him open it when he's either a teenager or legal age. I haven't 100% decided yet.
 For decoration I tried to make it fun and colorful! All decorations were either previously purchased, handmade or from the dollarstore. My mother and I create centerpieces out of planters, and painted them to look like "hunny" pots. Inside we placed snacks (chips, pretzels and cheezies), and tied balloons around the pots.
 We created a special prize table. As favors we handed out framed pictures that I took of my son. (The picture I posted in the beginning of this blog.) Everyone was so thankful for the picture. It was very inexpensive, and I found all the frames on sale.
 For the cake we purchased one from our local grocery store. This was WAY before we knew about my sons gluten intolerance.
Overall, my little guys first birthday was lots of fun. I took tons of pictures and even got a few videos too! I'm excited to keep party planning for him. It's going to be disappointing when he doesn't want mommy to host his parties anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the idea of the frames as party favors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Randi! :) Everyone seemed to love the party favors. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...