Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gluten Free, Casein Free Update!

It's been 4 days since Tyson has been on a gluten free, casein free diet. What struggle it's been... there is barely anything he will eat. I'm not sure how long I can continue the diet with him, but my fiance and I are trying our best. We haven't seen much of a change in Tyson, besides his mood not being the greatest. We are not giving up on the diet, but aren't going to completely deprive Tyson of nutrience. We have decided to limit his milk intake, and not give him dairy daily. We know for a fact that drinking a glass of milk makes him very ill. But, certain cultures of milk seem to be alright. Such as hard cheeses and a few types of yogurt. For the next month, we will do everything we can to keep him away from milk/casein.

Tyson has an appointment on the 25th of this month, and I'm going to ask about checking his blood. I'm very nervous, it makes me cringe just thinking about it. I'm sure I will cry along with him. I hate seeing my little guy in pain. Especially from something I recommended. But, I know he needs the tests done. I wonder how the nurses will even be able to take blood from him... It's going to be an interesting experience, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...