Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Gluten Free/Casein free!

My little guy has been on a gluten free diet for a few years now. His
body isn't able to handle it at all. Any wheat products make him sick. (diarrhea, rashes, headaches etc.) Since we've taken him off gluten, he's been doing great. We've seen such a huge improvement, and can't believe the change. Unfortunately we've noticed lately that he has been having issues with milk/casein. Today my mother, grandfather and I took him to an appointment. The doctor is by far one of the best doctors around in my opinion. He checked Tyson out, and suggested we take him off milk/casein. He is going to do a follow up appointment in a month. He also gave us supplements for him to take daily. (Thanks to my awesome mom who purchased the supplements/vitamins!) I'm a little nervous about what I'm going to feed him... But, I'm trying my best to be positive. He is a VERY picky eater, so this month should be interesting... I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping for the best. As long as my little buddy starts feeling better, that's all I care about.



If you're unsure what casein is, here is a little information about it:  Casein is a protein that is found in milk and used independently in many foods as a binding agent.

If you're new to my blog, and unsure what gluten is, please check out the quick video I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...