Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY: Melted Crayon Heart Art


Supplies needed:
- Canvas size of your choice
- Paper, pencil and scissors to create a heart shape
- Crayons
- Glue gun and glue sticks
Optional: Bowl of water to help easily remove paper from crayons.


If you don't want to spend tons of time removing sticky paper backing from crayons, try this. Place desired amount of crayons in a bowl of water, and allow them to sit for 30 minutes. The paper will slide right off. (Make sure you dry the crayons completely before starting your art!)


Draw/trace a heart as big as you'd like onto your canvas. If you wanted to create a perfect heart without hassle, you can try out what I did. I folded a piece of paper in half and drew a half heart. Then, I cut it out with a pair of scissors. Ta-daaa! Perfect heart!



Next step is to trace the heart onto your canvas. Once the heart is traced, arrange crayons the way you'd like. Once you have your desired look, start to glue them onto the canvas. (I broke my crayons into small pieces.)


Then start up your blow dryer and heat up the crayons! Take your time with this part, it can become VERY messy. Also, make sure you cover your workspace with cardboard or newspaper.


My crayon art took about 45 minutes to fully complete. I wanted to add a little something special, so I glued glass beads around the heart. I think it gave it a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...