Monday, February 4, 2013

Mixed Bean Salad Recipe

Ingredients:
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 green pepper, chopped fine (I added red pepper too.)
1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley

Dressing:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
*Other spices to taste*


Side note:
Feel free to double the dressing. Along with adding other ingredients to the salad.

Directions:
- In a large bowl, mix beans, onion, red pepper and corn.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, olive oil and spices.
- Add the dressing to the beans, and toss to coat.

- Once beans are coated with dressing, c
hill beans in the refrigerator. Salad should chill for several hours. Chilling the salad for a longer period of time allows the beans to soak up the flavor.

3 comments:

  1. You did such a great job.. They look so pretty!! I was going thru my cabinet and found a Shortbread cookie mix made by Bob's Red Mill that I bought when I first went GF,,, I need to use it up before it expires. You always bake the prettiest cookies etc.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I saw your post here for your cookies and some how my comment got posted to your Bean salad which looks wonderful. It must had been on YouTube or Twitter that I saw it,, U truly are creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe! No worries at all! :) I appreciate every comment. ♥ Thank you for the sweet compliments. I actually have never tried Bob's shortbread cookie mix. I bet it's delicious! And, I'm sure it would make lovely cookies!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...