Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Perfect Play Date!

I am so unbelievably proud of my son. Today we had a play date with two of my friends, and their daughters. We played, laughed and talked for over two hours. Tyson was polite, kind and even shared! Typically he would have severe behavioral issues, be possessive of toys and wouldn't want to interact with the other children. But instead he was a little charmer and so well behaved. He even told one of his "girlfriends" that she's cute and he missed her SO much. It was adorable!

He truly has come a long way. At one point I caught him playing with a kitten. That sounds like no big deal to most parents, but Tyson dislikes animals. (He adores cartoon animals, but real ones bug him.)

It was so nice to get out of the house, and hangout with other moms. Not only was the play date good for Tyson, but it was good for me too. I can't wait to do it again.

***


Autism can be disabling but it can also be enabling. Work on the weaknesses, focus on the strengths. Love unconditionally. - Stuart Duncan





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...