Sunday, March 31, 2013

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Easter Eggs

Ingredients:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup
peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/4 cup
melted butter
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
1 tablespoon shortening
Sprinkles and other decorations (optional)

Step 1:
Combine confectioners sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk in a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients until combined. (If mixture is too dry, add a bit more for moisture. Use as much milk as you'd like to bring peanut butter mixture to workable consistency)

Step 2:
Shape mixture into walnut sized eggs. (Or, any shape you'd like!) Once finished, freeze the "eggs" for 30 minutes to an hour.

Step 3:
While the eggs are freezing, it's time to melt the chocolate. Place chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave) with shortening. Melt over medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth.

Step 4:
Once eggs are firm, dip each one in melted chocolate. Then, place on parchment or waxed paper to set. If you're using sprinkles, place them on while eggs are still wet.

Step 5:
To finish the eggs, decorate as you wish! I used candy melting wafers and sprinkles!

***


Wishing you all an
egg-cellent Easter! If you try these out, please let me know how they turned out.

Lots of love from my family to yours.



2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by Mommy in the Making! The shower was a blast! :) This would be dangerous for me to know how to make my own "Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs"!!! SOOOO good! I just might have to try it though...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for stopping by my blog! :) I recently followed your blog. (It's great by the way!) I look forward to reading baby updates. :)

      I'm a chocolate and peanut butter lover as well. Good thing I made these for a party. I only had one, haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...