Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Without Tahini)

Hummus makes a very healthy, and delicious snack. It goes great with just about any cracker, chip, pita or fresh veggie. It's extremely easy and quick to make.

Ingredients:

1 can chickpeas (Also know as garbanzo beans)
Juice of half a lemon (I used a whole one)
1-2 garlic cloves (I used two)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 of a fresh red pepper shopped (Optional)

Directions:
Use a food processor, blender or magic bullet to combine ingredients. Pulse ingredients until it’s at your desired consistency. And, enjoy! It's that's simple!  










11 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious! I love hummus but haven't tried making it at home yet, I gotta give this recipe a try!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! :) It's sweet and spicy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love to make my own hummus. It's delicious and affordable and you can make it so many different ways. Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO right! Everything is so expensive where I live (NB, Canada) so I try to make homemade recipes often. Thank you for commenting and checking out my blog. ♥

      Delete
  3. perfect snack!! easy and hefty...thanks for the spicy twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU for commenting and stopping by!
      I hope you're having a great day.
      :) ♥

      Delete
  4. I love roasted red peppers, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you huns! You would love this for sure then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am trying this tomorrow, looks scrummy! ! Can't seem to buy tahini here in rural Valencia, Spain, so, a perfect recipe with a twist ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love hummus and always on the look out for new recipes! Am from the Caribbean so spice appeals to me very much. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love hummus and always on the look out for new recipes! Am from the Caribbean so spice appeals to me very much. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...