Monday, April 22, 2013

Sobey's New Gluten Free Section = Happiness

Today was a very happy day for my family and I. Our local grocery store (Sobey's) created a gluten free section. (It doesn't take much to make us happy!) As most of you know, my son has a gluten intolerance. If he eats anything containing wheat/gluten he breaks out into hives, has severe stomach pains and behavioral issues.

As soon as we walked into the store, we found signs indicating there was a new gluten free section. We assumed it was just a small assortment, with a few products. But, to our surprise it was huge! There were an assortment of crackers, cake mixes, chips, pastas, baking products etc. The section isn't fully complete yet, but from what I've seen, I'm very impressed.
We ended up spending WAY too much money, but we have one happy little guy. He is so excited to have breakfast in the morning. He's going to eat oatmeal for the first time! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed he likes it.) I plan on writing a few reviews on some of the products. I'm sure Tyson would love to help me out, and give me his opinion.


Thank you Sobey's in Amherst Nova Scotia! We now have a new favorite grocery store!






7 comments:

  1. How nice! This must be a really welcome thing for your family. I'm glad you have such a good resource for your gluten-free food needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish I could find a place like this in New York. I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! My stores have a much smaller gluten free section. I end up ordering most of my flours etc. on-line since I can actually find them there :) I bet your son is so happy that he can try some new treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love healthy food! Funny how we get so giddy over food! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I... could spend SO much money in that place. LOL
    Thanks for coming by the Showin' Some LOVE Blog Hop! We can never spread too much love around! :)

    http://modernhippiemomma.blogspot.com/2013/04/showin-some-love-hump-day-blog-hop_17.html?showComment=1366738687252#c4880461356264696957

    <3 Amanda*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I came across your blog via the Blog Hop. I'm so glad I did! I now follow you. Please visit my blog, and if you enjoy my post, please "Like" and/or leave a comment. I appreciate the support.

    Thank you,

    Vashti Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Wish we had a place like that over here too.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...