Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kindergarten Readiness


Today I attended a meeting at my sons future school. The meeting consisted of myself, my fiance, the principal, Tyson's case manager and two teachers. (My grandmother also attended, she wants to be in the loop.) We talked about everything concerning Tyson's first year of school. Such as his dietary issues, diagnosis, learning rate, self help skills and more. The meeting went perfect, I couldn't be happier. 

It's been determined Tyson will have an educational assistant. His ABA therapist will also attend him at school for a minimum of two weeks. They will go on the bus with him, and guide him during school hours. (This makes me feel so much more at ease.) Tyson may qualify to have a speech therapist and occupational pathologist visit the school and help him as well.

Next month we will be visiting the school four more times. Tyson will get to see the environment, meet his classmates and get a feel of school. If we feel Tyson needs to visit the school more, it will be arranged. 

I'm so impressed and thankful for all the guidance Tyson is/will be receiving. We are truly lucky to get so much help. I look forward to updating about his progress.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting really good plans in place for Tyson. That's wonderful and I am sure he will be successful in school. I look forward to hearing more as your plans progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so so much for the love. :) I appreciate you stopping by. I will definitely be updating often. *hugs*

      Delete
  2. That is always wonderful when you have a team of supportive people around to help. Great to hear that you will be able to visit the school a few more times and get a feel of how things will be for your son. I too look forward to hearing more as your plans progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie :) I love being blogger friends with you. I stop by your page often, but sometimes forget to comment. I plan on updating as much as I can about Tyson. I hope you're doing great! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful to have such great supports in place for Tyson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky to have such a fantastic crew of people! :) *hugs*

      Delete
  4. Well he is a cutie and he sure looks ready! Good luck with it....looking forward to updates! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you Nicole. :) I hope you're having a great week. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Hun that sounds like an amazing place and people to help him. I'm so happy to hear the positive experience u are having and all the great support!

    I so wish I could find some extra help for my oldest son he has ADHD and is so hyper it has been a very trying year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are truly blessed to have such amazing support. :)

    I completely understand how you must be feeling. My son is also extremely hyper. He can't sit down for long, and constantly jumps around. (We are thinking he has ADHD as well.) I really hope you're able to find some supportive help. :) Extra help is always amazing.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...