Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Play Day At School

Tyson had his first play day at school today. It was from 8:45am until 10:00am. One of his ABA therapists joined, along with his case manager. Tyson met some of his classmates and played. The room was set up with different work stations such as paper cutting, matching, drawing etc. The first half of play day wasn't the best. Tyson got upset because he didn't want to participate. Finally after watching the other kids have fun, he wanted to join. He matched colors, put together small puzzles and listened to a book.

We are going to be visiting the school three more times this month. On Monday, Ty is going to get a chance to ride a bus. He's also going to meet his Teachers along with more classmates.









10 comments:

  1. Good for Tyson, it sounds like he's doing really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has his bad days, but he really is doing well. :)

      Delete
  2. My 3rd son was terrified his first day of kindergarten. Your post brought back memories from quite a few years back. Glad that he ended up wanting to join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! I hope your son likes school now. :) I have a feeling Tyson is going to be scared when I'm not around him. But, I could be wrong. Maybe he'll prove me wrong haha! -- Thanks for stopping by and commenting. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. So glad that your son decided to join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) He did much better than I thought. <3

      Delete
  4. So happy to hear he joined in and had fun with some of his classmates. That's wonderful. I bet he will enjoy riding on the bus. Glad to hear that he is doing well. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved riding on the bus! :) I didn't get a chance to see it because I was in a meeting with other parents. (Tyson's therapist went with him, and filled me in. She said it went great!)

      Delete
  5. What a great experience for him. It sounds like the future play dates are going to be so wonderful for u all. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have another play day tomorrow, and I hope it goes well. Tyson has been having behavior issues. But, I'm just going to stay positive, and hope for the best. :)

    Thanks for the comment! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...