Sunday, October 27, 2013

Witch Finger Cookie Tutorial

Recently I made witch finger cookies for a Halloween party. They were a huge hit, and everyone seemed to enjoy them. I got asked several times how I created them, so I decided blog about the steps I used

Start off by making (or purchasing) your favorite shortbread dough. Dye it green, cover it in plastic wrap and allow the dough to chill for an hour.



Grab a teaspoon amount of dough and create a sausage shape. You can do so by rolling it in between your hands. Or, rolling it on the table. Once you have your desired look, place a sliced almond on the end of the "finger".



Create a knuckle by pushing the middle of the cookie slightly together.



Afterwards, create lines on the top of the finger and knuckle.



Arrange fingers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in a preheated over set to 350 degrees. Allow cookies to cook for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden.



Once cookies are cooled, removed the almond and add "blood". This will allow the almond to stick to the cookie, and give it a creepy look.



I used a mixture of corn syrup and food coloring, but icing or jam can also be used.



To give the cookies a more realistic look, I shaded the lines. Use cocoa powder and a clean paint brush. Dust on powder into the lines, and you're done!



Happy Halloween! If you'd like the recipe I used, please feel free to leave a comment.


5 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing!!! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Laura! I'm happy with how they turned out! :) And, I'm even happier everyone enjoyed them. -- Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  2. They turned out great! I've seen these on pinterest once and thought, oh so creepy Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie :) Isn't Pinterest fantastic?! haha! I always enjoy checking out holiday baked goods and crafts. -- Happy Halloween!!

      Delete
  3. these are just great, lol, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...