Friday, October 11, 2013

World Mental Health Day 2013

Yesterday my son, mother and I join the New Brunswick Mental Health Consumer Network in Fredericton. We celebrated twenty years of mental health services in our area. We traveled two hours away from home with an organization called Daybreak. (I absolutely love helping out and working with the Daybreak group. I'm actually a new member of the board, I'm so honored!)

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and the walk went great. The sun was shinning, smiling faces surrounded us and you could feel the love in the air. It was absolutely amazing and so touching to be surrounded by such beautiful people.

1 in 5 Canadians will develop a mental illness in their lifetime; 1 in 7 young people in NB will have a mental illness at any given time. It is the leading cause of all hospitalization in our area. Let's reduce the stigma associated with mental health by spreading awareness and giving support to all. Talk, it makes a difference!























6 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the word! Great cause, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, and thank you! I appreciate your kind comment! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. What a great cause! Yes, thanks for spreading the word!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world needs more people like you! :) Thank you! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Congrats on becoming a member of the board for Daybreak! You will make an excellent board member. Daybreak is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Tasha! I absolutely LOVE being on the board! It gives me a purpose (aside from being a mommy, of course!) Helping out with Daybreak is so rewarding. I've met tons of amazing people. I'm the lucky one. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...