Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stop the Mommy Wars!

I often don't share articles, but I was very touched by this one. It's called "Stop the Mommy Wars: Empowering Photo Series" (Please click on the name to view it) The purpose of the article is to encourage women to stop judging one another, and pleading for an end to the mommy wars. From feeding methods diapering methods and more.
I had postpartum anxiety and depression after giving birth, I chose to formula feed, I only used disposable diapers, I let my baby (reasonably) cry-it-out and my family is not religious. And, all that doesn't make me a bad mom. I love my son unconditionally, and always will.

I was ridiculed from a handful of people for not breast feeding. I felt like a horrible mother, but I just couldn't d
o it. When Tyson was diagnosed with a low form of autism, I blamed myself for not breastfeeding him. (Along with a bunch of other things I thought I did wrong.) Deep down I knew it wasn't my fault, but as mother we really are too hard on ourselves. We can only do what we can do, and I respect every parent. As long as the parent is not hurting their child, and doing they best they can, they have my respect! We all have to stick together!
Let's judge less! We “moms’ are way too hard on ourselves and each other.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I agree we as moms, should really stop judging each other. I've always looked at it as; if you the parent are doing what is best for your child, then no one else's opinion should matter. That's okay that you didn't breastfeed, that doesn't make you a bad mother at all. I was fortunate to nurse our daughter, and I had a few people frown, and say things. It's sad to say, but this world is full of people who point fingers, and judge. But in the end it's okay, just know that your son loves you, and those around you appreciate everything that you do!-That's what I constantly remind myself of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Stephanie! :) I feel the exact same way as you! Thank you for such the kind comment. You made me tear up. It's fantastic you were able to nurse, I give nursing mothers SO much credit. The dedication amazes me! :) I wish all mommies could be as understanding as you.

      Delete
  2. OMG I could not agree more! I know I constantly feel like I am second guessing my decisions as a mom -always wondering what another mom would think about my methods. We all need to give ourselves a huge break and trust our own instincts. Thanks for sharing this great article! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, and thank YOU for reading and commenting! I couldn't agree more! I understand it's only human to judge, but sometimes we mommies can be too hard on one another and each other. It's refreshing to find such a great article. I'm so happy you enjoyed it! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. wow....your nice information ,I am very happy see your website and your good working in this. post but this web desing is so nice .thank you for the good sharing.
    number recognition camera in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...