Friday, May 23, 2014

DIY Picture Canvas

I have been wanting to get one of my favorite family pictures blown up and put on a canvas. Unfortunately it's very expensive, and I wasn't willing to spend the money on it. Instead I decided to try out something a little different. I made my own picture canvas! It's super simple and so cost effective!


Supplies:
Canvas
Picture
Scissors
Mod Podge
Newspaper
Black Acrylic Paint
Foam Paint Sponges

I purchased everything I needed from Walmart and the Dollarama.
If you're interested in seeing how I made my picture canvas, please watch the video I attached.


2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, Melly! I love the way it came out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I've been wanting some of my own photography on canvas - but it is so expensive!!
    very cool.
    I know there is another way that you can actually transfer the image onto the canvas; but I haven't been able to find that tutorial yet. And I would wonder what kind of glue or chemical is used to do the transfer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...