Saturday, January 31, 2015

Indoor Snow Fun

Our little town has been hit with tons of snow. Tyson has been feeling under the weather and hasn't been able to play outside. So, I got to thinking! What if I brought the snow inside?

I put some snow in a baking dish, mixed up some colored water with food dye, grabbed paint brushes, scoops and some cookie cutters.


Tyson enjoyed painting the snow, making snowmen and pouring  colored water.


He told me that I should never eat yellow snow. It could be dog pee! (Very good life lesson, haha!)


We then experimented with regular water. It was neat to watch the colors fade.


After 20 minutes of playing, we decided to put the snow in the sink. Tyson really liked watching the snow melt and the colors fade.


Bye bye colored snow! It's been fun!


Does it snow in your area? If so, what do you do on snow days?

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the idea of bringing it inside & mixing the colours - and what huge smiles on Tyson :) I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the comment to read my blog post and comment! :) Tyson has sensory issues, and typically gets disgusted with slushy snow. I was pleasantly surprised when he enjoyed this activity! Yay!

      Delete
  2. Great idea!
    you know, here in Canada, we bring some CLEAN snow inside, mix it with some cream and add a little vanilla or maple syrup or some kind of flavoured syrup and make a little ice cream! It's not half bad really - the kids love doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! I loooove that idea!!!!!!! We live in New Brunswick, and have tons of snow!! (And, we of course have maple syrup in the fridge too! Eh! haha!) Thanks for the fantastic idea! That would make another fun activity, and blog post!!! *hugs*

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...