Thursday, May 21, 2015

DIY Sharpie Plate (Kids craft)

Tyson wanted to make his Nana a special gift for Mother's day. We searched on Pinterest, and stumbled upon tons of Sharpie mugs. Instead of using a mug, we decided to purchase a serving plate.

The first thing I did was pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
Then, we gathered all the supplies.

- Vinegar
- Cotton balls/rounds
- Sharpies
- Serving plate (Mugs can be used as well)



I prepared the plate by rubbing vinegar all over the surface. (This removes dirt and oil.) Once finish, I made sure to wipe it clean with more cotton rounds. You can also allow it to air dry.



After the plate was dry, I let Tyson create his masterpiece! (You can even erase mistakes. Just dip a cotton ball in a little vinegar and wipe away.)



Once he was completely done his work of art, we placed it in the oven for 30 minutes.



We allowed the plate to cool completely before touching. It becomes very hot, so please be careful. 



It turned out great! It won't fade, smudge or wash off! Tyson's Nana was thrilled with her new gift! She couldn't believe Tyson printed all by himself! He's struggle for a long time, but he keeps getting better each day.




We are looking forward to making more sharpie art. Maybe we will make mugs next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,,, I havent seen you in ages. Your little boy has grown up so much!! What a great craft idea!! I bet his Nana was so happy! Have a nice weekend!! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! It's so nice to hear from you! I was having computer issues, but I'm back now. :) I'm excited to watch your videos I've missed, and read your blog. Thanks so much for stopping by! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. what a wonderful idea!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Tyson worked very hard. I've been away from the blogging/YouTube world for awhile, but I'm back now. Looking forward to getting caught up with your posts! I hope you're doing great!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...