Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Winter ONEderland Birthday


My littlest love turned one December 14th. Since he was born during a snowstorm, we thought it would be fun to have a winter party. I browsed the internet and stumbled upon a theme called Winter ONEderland. (How cute is that?!) I kept the guest list small, and made it as comfortable as I could for the birthday boy. He's very shy, so the event was held at his Nana's home. We made sure it was at a familiar place.
I kept the same birthday tradition with Keean as I did with my oldest son. Each year I create special shirts for their special day.
We made white chocolate snowflake cookies for our awesome guests. (They were a hit!)
Since we had mostly adults at the party, we decided to throw together a few games. Everyone got a kick out of "Guess who". Days before the party I asked everyone attending to send me a baby picture of themselves. Guests had to match the name to the baby picture. (So much laughter and fun!)
 We served a few light snacks. Fruit, veggies, deviled eggs, chips, crackers and Frosty the snowman cheeseball!http://melanielee86.blogspot.ca/2013/10/pumpkin-shaped-cheese-ball.html
 If you'd like the same recipe I used for Frosty the cheeseball, click the picture.
 For the cake smash we went very simple. I made a small homemade vanilla cake with blue buttercream frosting. (Guests had cupcakes!) I decorated the highchair with a blue tablecloth, streamers, fake snow and a large snowflake for the front.
 Keean went through every emotion at his party, and it was hilariously adorable. He had a fantastic first birthday with the people who love him the most. We are so lucky to have such awesome friends and family.
If you'd like the same transfer for your little one, feel free to save this image above. (Make sure to follow the directions on the t-shirt paper you purchase.)
Printable thank you tags - Save and print!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...